Monday, July 16, 2007

The First Day Of The Rest Of My Life

So there I was.

I was done with my jog and I was laying on the floor stretching. Because Erica works early, I’m used to mornings alone, just Ginger and me. So I was surprised to hear the garage door open and Erica pull her car in.

“Oh, what a pleasant surprise,” I thought… I actually get to see my wife.

So I’m lying on the floor, Erica walks in, we say hello. As we talk about nothing,she has a tough time staying to any specific topic … it’s a bunch a rambling nonsense. A lot of “So… how was your day?” “So, what are you doing later?” “So, what do you want to do this weekend?” She also had a tendency to follow me around a bit. I’d go to the stairs to stretch, she’d be standing there talking to me. I’d go lay on the floor and she’d move next to me to talk to me. ‘I’m thinking: What’s her deal?” She also grinned a lot. Now, I was happy just to see my wife in the middle of the week, so I wasn’t passing too much judgment on her odd behavior… plus I’m kind of used to odd behavior from her.

So finally, she spills the beans. “Uhhhh…. I think I’m pregnant!”

I said, in my best matter of fact voice “Well… that’s exciting.” Apparently one pregnancy test had come up positive but the dog sort of interfered. So Erica was mostly sure.

Now the Hansen girls (Erica’s sisters) for the most part, are pretty fertile women so I didn’t have much doubt. Erica must have had some, because I came home to find a stack of positive pregnancy test with a little note that said “I guess you’re ‘gonna be a papa now!”

So the journey begins…

1 comment:

Rascal_Cube said...

you make me want to have a kid. make it stop! make it stop!