Thursday, July 26, 2007

Lucky Me

Right now I consider myself fortunate.

When I first told my brother that Erica was pregnant, I got the requisite jokes about ‘Have fun with the mood swings. Have fun rubbing her tired swollen feet.‘ From what I understand, these jokes are really based on fact.

My coworker, Nika, told me how she was a raving lunatic during her pregnancy. To the point where a simple question about Christmas tree led to a screaming argument that ended with her standing in the doorway of her home while her husband went to work shouting, “YOU DID THIS TO ME!!”

And Nika is a calm, bright, intelligent person.

So, you can understand a little concern about the ensuing months when Erica told me she was pregnant. Yes, concerns with the hormonal fluctuations going on in my wife.

Now to my surprise and joy, Erica apparently has good birthin’ genes.

As a result, I haven’t had to deal with any kind of mood swings, swollen feet, crying, screaming, projectile vomiting or unreasonableness.

Erica has been a trooper though this whole thing. We still pretty much go about our daily business as usual. She’s the same delightful, sturdy, sing-a-long kind of a person, anyone would want next to them all of the time…just as she’s always been.

No comments: